Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Best Day Ever!!!! Yumiko Alexander Trunk Show

This past Saturday April 16, 2011, I had the best day ever!!! I got to meet someone that I have admired for a long time, Yumiko Alexander.  It always a great thing to meet someone like this and find that not only are their talents to be admired but that they are also a gracious, wonderful person.

When I woke up on Saturday I told Greg this is my Christmas. It's like if he got to have lunch with his favorite rock star, Dug(that's how he spells it) from King's X. Then he got it.

My day did not disappoint. It was a wonderful day of going through the patterns, seeing the designs up close and personal, visiting with friends old & new, and of course getting some knit/crochet time. I worked on my Coquille Shawl, can't forget it has a deadline.

Yumiko was nice enough to allow me to have my picture taken with her.  We are both holding our own version of her Bamboo Leaf Bag, it's crocheted and felted. You can find all her patterns at DanDoh, Etsy, and don't forget your local lys  Grandma's Spinning Wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment