Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nervous Knitting and Stage Fright

On Thursday night, April 28, I had to give an oral presentation on a group benchmarking report about airlines. In past years, I used to get up and sing or play guitar in front of 100's of people. I have done this many times, so a person like me never gets stage fright?! The answer to that is a big "NO"!  I get stage fright every single time, I am a nervous wreak right up until I set foot on "stage" and then it's like another person just takes over. This is a phenomena I have never understood.

What does all of this have to do with the shawl picture above? Well I have found an advantage to stage fright and a new advantage to knitting. Knitting calms me down and stage fright causes me to get a LOT of knitting done. Not to mention, how much housework got done.  Greg threatened to ask my instructors to require more oral presentation because he really liked my productivity. :D

Stage fright doesn't feel good but at least I've found an advantage to it.

4 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! I hope it can be a store sample for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling--many moons ago, while in the mist of a divorce, i was also finishing up BA, (which filled up my time and keep me from focusing on all life changes) AND i was planning a trip to Japan (going to school 'full time (16 credits) working full time, and seeing a shrink 2x a week

    but i still managed in my spare time to knit a 48 X 64 afghan--I showed it to my shrink and said "My anxiety is THIS BIG" (and she said, and so pretty!) Knitting is the best thing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LizzieK8 I would be thrilled to display at the store for a bit!!!
    OfTroy, I am so happy to see that people are reading my blog. Thanks for commenting and I LOVE your story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried using yarns made from recycled plastic bottles? It's a great way to reduce waste and create something beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete