Friday, February 25, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things!!!

I am finding some absolutely cool stuff lately.  I wanted to try and share a few of these things. Some are old, some are new, all are great!  I've been looking around the enormous WWW and wow!!!

Favorite new find on Ravelry-- Viktoria Gogolak.  Just take a look at her designs on Ravelry.  Crochetrend

Favorite knit designers-- Nicky Epstein, Kristin Omdahl, Ann Budd.  I know there are more but these 3 consistently hit it out of the park.

Favorite crochet designers-- again Kristin Omdahl, and if only Nicky Epstein would do more crochet designs cause there is no other like her, Drew Emborsky, Yumiko Alexander, Candi Jensen, Doris Chan.  I can name more but there's no room for all of them.   Note: I've been crocheting longer than knitting so I know more of these designers.

Favorite beginner knit book-- Knitting for the First Time by Vanessa-Ann

Favorite knit book-- I have so many but the most recent stand-out is "Knitting Green" by Ann Budd

Favorite crochet book-- I really have a lot of them but I'm going to go classic on this one.  "The Crochet Sweater Book" by Sylvia Cosh.  This book may be a little dated but Sylvia continues to inspire me. If only she was still with us, the things that she would do.

Favorite new blog find--  Mod Crochet .  Check it out she's posting old time patterns!

Well for now this is all I can think of for my favs.  If I can come up with more I'll post them. I just wanted to share the things I am currently excited about. And of course everyone knows my fav LYS Grandma's Spinning Wheel

1 comment: