Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Name is Susan and I Am a Pattern-aholic

Most of my fiber artist friends are addicted to yarn. Don't get me wrong I LOVE yarn, some of it renders me speechless (not an easy thing to do).  My real addiction though is the patterns, seeing everything you can do with your fibers and sharing ideas. I consider myself an idea bouncer. I like to use the minds of others to fine tune my own ideas. It's always been a great gauge for me. It firms things up for me to kind of run an idea by someone or look through my patterns. The patterns help me most especially when I am stuck or a design is just a vague outline that won't come clear for me.

I will admit though that while there is a practical purpose for my pattern collection, it is probably a bit on the excessive side.  But I love it!  The great things these days is because of all the free online sources, being an unemployed student, I can still add to my collection.

2 comments:

  1. i prowl around for patterns constantly too. do you know about evernote.com? it's a sweet little notebook program that syncs across my computers and phone. i do love it.

    ReplyDelete