Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pride Falls Before the Stitch Marker

I have finally joined the sock knitting band wagon.  Of course I jumped into the deep end with a lace pattern sock. I have been working off and on on my first sock for about 3 months.  Last week I decided I didn't like how it was turning out so being a perfectionist I frogged the whole thing.  OUCH! I started all over, followed instructions very carefully.  I've been crocheting for 23 years and I've been knitting for about 3 years. I pretty much just dive in and go on instinct. In this last year though I have found that by putting my pride and stubbornness aside and using stitch markers (OMG!!!) I save myself so much time and trouble.  It took me 3 days to re-do what originally took me 3 months. Go figure!

I suppose I am not the only prideful stitcher in the world.  Am I?????

No comments:

Post a Comment