Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Amazing Experience

Last night I went and picked up L to go to Grandma's Spinning Wheel for knit night. Tucson's been going through a tough time. Greg called while I was driving to get L. He had to tell me that he just watched the President's cavalcade leaving Davis-Monthan AFB on their way to the President's speech for all those who were wounded or killed 01-08-11. Our night was filled with this incident.

When we got to the knit shop we did the usual socializing and showing off the latest projects. At 6 pm though we turned on Tucson & America: Together We Thrive. Together we listened to the amazing speech Obama gave. It was then that I realized what a community we are. Usually we are a rather rowdy bunch on Wednesday nights, but last night we cried together. I quote LizzieK8, "our tears made the yarn sparkle." There truly is no other bunch of people I would rather share my moments with.

Someday I'd like to introduce them all. This is an amazing bunch of people. When I look at them I see my strong Grandma Helen, my sweet slightly zany Mom Linda, my lovely group of Aunts, my sister, sister-in-law, and friends. These ladies and a couple of guys now and again are my inspiration.

1 comment: