Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Car Shows, Boys, Hats & Scarves

MLK weekend is our annual trip to Scottsdale for the Barrett-Jackson Auction family day. Last year I got my pic taken with Alice Cooper. This year no celebrity sightings but I guess Greg and I with our boys must've looked like the all American family. The Cox cable cameraman followed us around for a bit, keeping the camera on Seth (7-yr old), who's a bit of a character. We had loads of fun, saw lots of great cars, and ate good food.

Of course, the trip wasn't all about boys and their cars. The drive up gave me some time to whip up a hat for K. She saw one I made last week and ordered up one for herself. I promise I will post pics of both hats, when I finally get some time. This hat turned out great, I added some extras (purple & lime pearls) and with a little playing around found that this hat can be worn a different way. It can be sun hat or flapper cloche. I will meet K tomorrow to give her the hat and we'll have pics taken of her wearing it.

After the drive up we went to Greg's timeshare for swimming, unfortunately they were full up so we didn't get to stay there, had to go to a more humble abode. The boys swam all day Sunday. I made half a sparkly scarf and caught up on some reading. The car show was Monday. All of this was a nice last break before classes started. It's Tuesday and my nose is back to the grindstone. I am still determined to make time for what I love though.

Here is one pic of my famous hat. I am poolside at the time share.

No comments:

Post a Comment