Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions & Desires?!

I don't believe in making New Year's resolutions, cause resolutions we make, break, and feel guilty. I prefer to make a lists of wishes, aspirations, dreams, hopes, desires. They used to say that words are just words but I believe that words are powerful. Finding direction in our lives is important and making these lists helps find direction. However, I don't want to set myself up for failure, so I change the wording from a resolution to a desire.

2011 DESIRES:

1. Finish my degree.
2. Finish a pair of socks, not just one.
3. Find a way to harness my ideas so I can keep up with them before they are gone.
4. Design more in crochet.
5. Design something in knitting.
6. Become just a little more organized. I'd settle for a 5% improvement every year.
7. Spend more time in the actual activity of crochet & knitting. However....
8. Making an interesting blog interferes a little with #7.
9. The usual lose weight, get healthier.
10. The most important thing of all, spending more time with those I love and showing them how much I appreciate their love and support.

Whew!!! Looks like I need a 36 hour day, and more storage, and more hands. Well maybe I could survive on 4 hours of sleep.

2 comments: