Thursday, January 6, 2011

Unexpected Road Trip

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Me and my favorite guy, Greg, took a little road trip to get supplies for his business. I spent almost the whole day in the car and loved every minute. What a nice peaceful trip, no chaos!!! Between the two of us we have or are still raising 5 boys, 2 being out of the nest.

Greg spent his day driving from supplier to supplier. I sat in the truck and went through a stack of patterns to get inspired. This is a crucial part in my creativity. Everyone gets inspiration in different ways. I find that when I spend an uninterrupted day going through patterns. I will go to sleep that night with pictures of colors in my head.   At that point shape begins to form and before I know it I have a complete design(s) in my head. I design from all of my senses.

After all of this inspiration and Greg's shopping, we went and had a bite. Stopped at Swensen's. It's no longer what it once was but I still like the place. After some food and conversation, it felt like we'd just been on a date. Unfortunately, our lives do not arranged that occurrence as often as I'd like. This time though I found myself living in the moment, that doesn't happen much either. I am a worrier, my secret is out.

Lying in bed last night, although I wanted to get on with the designing, I found myself not wanting to sleep. I realized it is one of those rare moments when you are happy AND you know that you are happy. I just didn't want it to end, so like a kid I thought if I just stay awake......

Enjoy the magic while it's happening!!!

PS I missed my knit night and I guess they missed me too. I got a text from one of them checking on me. That made an already wonderful day even better. Grandma's Spinning Wheel!!!

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I love the way you blend life and knitting/crocheting. You do a great job of letting fiber arts be metaphors for our dreams, questions, life experiences. . . .

    L :-)

    ReplyDelete